This delicious homemade hot chocolate is pretty much like drinking liquid chocolate in a mug. It's seriously the best hot chocolate you've ever tasted!
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar *
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chopped Chocolate or Chocolate Chips *
For Topping (Optional):
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
Add the milk and cocoa powder to a saucepan and heat together, whisking until well combined. Then keep stirring until it reaches a simmer (don't let it come to a full boil).
Remove from the heat and add in the sugar, vanilla extract and chocolate and whisk it in until the chocolate is melted.
Pour out into two mugs. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional).
- You can also use brown sugar or coconut sugar or any other sweetener of your choice. Taste test as you may prefer less sugar.
- You can chop up any good tasting chocolate and use that or chocolate chips whatever is easier.
- Make it Dairy-Free: You can easily make this dairy-free by using a dairy-free milk such as soy milk (works great for this) or almond milk or any other plant milk that heats well. Use dairy free dark chocolate or dairy free chocolate chips and top with a dairy free whipped cream such as whipped coconut cream.
- Nutritional information does not include the optional toppings of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 53g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 1mg