This macaroni salad is creamy, tangy, veggie packed and loaded with flavor. It's perfect for picnics and barbecues and it's always a crowd pleaser!
For the Salad:
- 18 ounces Elbow Macaroni 500g/One Full Pack Uncooked
- 2 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 4 Stalks Celery Large Stalks, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions Chopped*
- 1/2 cup Red Onion 1 Small, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Dried Dill
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
Cook the macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse it in cold water.
While the macaroni is cooking, chop up your veggies.
Mix up your dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients to a measuring jug and then whisking to combine.
Add the cooked macaroni to a salad bowl. Top with the chopped veggies and toss to combine.
Pour over the dressing and mix in. Cover the bowl and place into the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
Serve topped with a garnish of chopped cilantro and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spring onions may also be called green onions, salad onions or scallions.
- This macaroni salad will keep in the fridge (covered) for 5 days. It is not freezer friendly.
- Make it Vegan: You can make it vegan by using a vegan mayonnaise (like Just Mayo) and using a dairy-free plain yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt.
- Make Ahead: This salad is perfect to make-ahead as it keeps very well in the fridge and the flavors are even better the next day. So if you need to make it the night before, this recipe works great for that.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1037IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg