Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
This vanilla buttercream frosting is so smooth and velvety. It pipes on to your cupcakes perfectly and spreads beautifully on cakes.
- 1 cup Butter Lightly salted, Softened
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Milk
Add the softened butter to the bowl of your stand mixer, start at slow speed and gradually increase speed. Let it whip for around 3 minutes until your butter is smooth and pale in color.
Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk and beat for around 5-6 minutes until very fluffy and smooth.
- Butter: We used lightly salted butter. If you're using unsalted butter then add in a small amount of salt (around 1/8 teaspoon or to taste). If you forget to soften the butter first, then just beat it for a couple of minutes longer until it's smooth and pale in color, before adding the other ingredients.
- Powdered sugar is also called icing sugar.
- Keep the frosting at room temperature before piping onto cupcakes or spreading onto cakes. If the weather is hot and it gets too soft then let it sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly.
- This frosting will keep in the fridge for up to a week. It is also freezer friendly.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 11mg | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 481IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg