Almond Butter Cookies
These almond butter cookies are thick and soft and chewy and topped with chocolate. They're basically the best cookies ever!
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter Lightly Salted, Softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For The Chocolate Drizzle (Optional):
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
Add the softened butter and white granulated sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream them together until smooth.
Add in the egg, vanilla extract and almond butter and whisk in until just mixed.
Now add the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt and mix it in by hand (don't use your electric mixer for this part) into a thick cookie dough.
Roll into balls (aiming to get 20 balls out of your batch) and place them evenly on a parchment lined baking tray.
Flatten slightly with a fork and bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 350°F.
Allow to cool directly on the tray before drizzling with the melted chocolate (optional).
To melt the chocolate add the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate along with the coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted. Use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cooled cookies and then place the tray into the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- It's easiest if your butter is softened before you cream it with the sugar. However, if you forget to soften it first then you can add the butter to the mixer first and beat it for a few minutes to soften it before you add in the sugar and cream them together. Also cut your butter into smaller pieces to make it easier.
- We used lightly salted butter but if your butter is unsalted that is also just fine.
- You can use any variety of almond butter, a natural style or a commercial style or even a homemade almond butter. The only thing you want to make sure of is if you're using a natural style almond butter and there is separation of the oil and the almond butter then make sure you mix it up very well before you use it.
- The chocolate drizzle is entirely optional but absolutely delicious and highly recommended.
- Keep your cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. They can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
They are also freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg