Thai Green Curry
This Thai green curry is creamy, veggie-packed and deliciously spiced. It's also ready in 30 minutes or less so it makes a great weeknight dinner.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 28 ounces Canned Coconut Milk Full Fat, Unsweetened*
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Baby Corn Sliced
- 1 cup Zucchini Sliced
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 4 Lime Leaves
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass Three inches each, lightly crushed with a knife
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Green Chilies Seeds Removed, Sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- Basmati Rice
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Lime Wedges
Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the crushed garlic, minced ginger and Thai green curry paste. Sauté to toast the spices.
Add the coconut milk and cook until the coconut milk is simmering and well mixed with the spices.
Add the broccoli, baby corn, sliced zucchini and sliced green bell pepper as well as the lime leaves and lemongrass stalks.
Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat, cover the pot and cook until the veggies are soft but firm (about 8 minutes).
Add the rice vinegar, coconut sugar, sliced green chilies and fresh basil leaves and cook until the basil is just wilted.
Serve with basmati rice, fresh basil leaves and lime wedges.
- This curry is very mild. If you like things hot and spicy then feel free to use more green curry paste.
- The coconut milk should be full fat, unsweetened, canned coconut milk. This will taste the best. If you want to use a light version then you can go ahead, but it should also be canned and unsweetened. Don't use a drinking coconut milk as these are often sweetened and this will ruin the flavor.
- The coconut sugar is just for flavor balance, the end result is not sweet at all. You can omit it if you prefer or use a different kind of sugar.
- Leftover curry keeps very well in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Nutritional information is for curry only and excludes rice.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1430IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg