Rich and creamy zucchini soup packed with flavor and a gorgeous color too. Delicious comfort food in a bowl! Ready in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2 pounds Zucchini Sliced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, dried basil, dried thyme and dried rosemary and sauté until the onions are softened.
Add the sliced zucchini and toss it with the onions and spices.
Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
Cover the pot and let it simmer until the zucchini is soft and cooked.
Turn off the heat and blend the soup directly in the pot using an immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender then allow the soup to cool for a bit before transferring it in stages to your blender jug. Blend it and then return all the blended soup to the pot.
Add the heavy cream and stir it into the soup.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ladle into bowls and serve topped with freshly grated parmesan, a sprinkle of ground black pepper and some fresh thyme.
- Make It Dairy-Free: You can easily make this soup dairy-free by using canned unsweetened coconut cream or canned unsweetened full fat coconut milk instead of the heavy cream. This is equally delicious and works great. You can then serve it with a dairy-free parmesan cheese or omit the parmesan altogether.
- Storing: This soup keeps very well in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be reheated bowl by bowl in the microwave or all at once on the stovetop.
- Freezing: This soup freezes very well but if you know you'd like to freeze it then rather omit the cream and then just add cream to individual bowls and stir it in.
- Nutritional information is for the soup only and excludes the toppings like parmesan cheese and anything else that you may serve it with.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1219IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg