Roasted Pumpkin Salad
This roasted pumpkin salad with pecans, cranberries and feta is the perfect side dish. It's colorful and fresh and bursting with flavor.
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup Pecans Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Feta Crumbled
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Add peeled and cubed pumpkin to a mixing bowl along with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss so that the pumpkin is lightly coated.
Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes until roasted.
Now mix up your dressing. Add extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, crushed garlic and sea salt to a measuring jug and whisk to combine.
Add baby spinach, arugula, chopped pecans and dried cranberries to a bowl, pour over some of the dressing and toss.
Transfer to your serving dish (if different from your mixing bowl) and top with the roasted pumpkin and some crumbled feta cheese.
Add a few more chopped pecans and dried cranberries to the top if needed. Drizzle over the rest of the dressing and serve.
- You can use any pumpkin for this recipe, or substitute butternut squash.
- Arugula is also called 'Rocket' in some countries.
- You might not need or want to use all the dressing in the salad. We used it all, but it does make a fair amount so if you don't use it all then leftovers will keep very well in the fridge for a week.
- Make it dairy-free: To make this salad dairy-free you can opt for a dairy-free feta cheese or you could leave out the feta cheese altogether and use avocado instead.
- Storing: Leftover salad can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 9926IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2mg