Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
These eggless chocolate cupcakes are rich, moist and topped with the most delicious chocolate buttercream frosting. Super easy to make with simple ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
Sift the all purpose flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the white granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking soda, salt and espresso powder. Mix together.
Add milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract and mix into a batter. Don't overmix.
Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean).
Transfer the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
Frost with chocolate buttercream frosting and decorate with gold dust and chocolate chips (optional).
- Measure the flour correctly. Either use the spoon and level method - spoon the flour into your measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife, don't scoop it and don't pack it into the cup, or weigh it out on a food scale for complete accuracy. Click 'metric' below the list of ingredients to get the correct weight in grams.
- Espresso powder - is just to enhance the chocolate flavor, the cupcakes won't taste like coffee at all. You can use instant espresso powder or any instant coffee powder.
- Don't overmix the batter. Mix the batter until it's just mixed, and then stop mixing. Over-mixing the batter can cause your cupcakes not to rise properly.
- Bake right away. The batter also should not sit, once mixed, transfer it to your cupcake liners and bake immediately.
- Storing and Freezing: Store your cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Frosted or unfrosted cupcakes are freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
- Nutritional information is for cupcakes only and excludes frosting. Nutritional information for the chocolate buttercream frosting can be found on that separate linked recipe.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg