This carrot soup is out of this world delicious! Who knew carrots could taste this good! Creamy and comforting and soon to become your new favorite soup.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 ½ Pounds Carrots (1.1kg) Sliced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (960ml)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (240ml)
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Add olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, crushed garlic and Thai red curry paste and sauté until the onions are softened.
Add the chopped carrots and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pot and leave it to simmer, checking on it regularly, until the carrots are soft and cooked.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup directly in the pot or, if you don't have an immersion blender, then transfer the soup to your blender jug in stages and carefully blend it and when it's all blended, return to the pot.
Add the cream and stir in.
Taste test and then add salt and pepper according to taste.
Serve with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of black pepper and some chopped parsley to decorate.
- Carrots - 2 ½ pounds of carrots is approximately 12 large carrots.
- Dairy-free - this soup can easily be made dairy free by using coconut cream or coconut milk (canned, unsweetened) instead of heavy cream. It adds to the Thai flare of this soup along with the red curry paste so works really well.
- Storing: Keep leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. This soup is also freezer friendly.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 769mg | Potassium: 671mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 32754IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg