Peanut Butter Fudge
This peanut butter fudge recipe is so simple with only 4 easy ingredients. It's also the most delicious melt-in-the-mouth fudge you'll ever taste!
Spray an 8x8 square dish with non-stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that there is overhang on either side.
Add the butter and peanut butter to a pot and heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a full boil.
Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and stir vigorously into a thick batter.
Transfer the batter to your prepared square dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
Refrigerate until set.
When it's set, lift the whole block of fudge out of the dish using the parchment paper overhang and cut into squares.
- We used lightly salted butter but unsalted butter will also be fine to use.
- Make it in the Microwave: If you want to make this in the microwave then add the butter and peanut butter to a fairly large microwave safe bowl with a lid. Microwave for two minutes on high. Bring it out and stir. Return to the microwave for another two minutes but keep a watch on it. When it's bubbling take it out (even if it's before the two minutes are up). Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and stir in vigorously until smooth. Transfer to your prepared 8x8 square dish.
- I don't sift the powdered sugar first for this recipe. The butter/peanut butter mix is so hot that the powdered sugar easily dissolves into it and there are no lumps.
- Make it Dairy-Free: You can easily make this dairy free by using a dairy free margarine or vegan butter product like Earth Balance instead of the regular butter in this recipe. There is no discernible difference in the end result.
- The preparation time for this recipe does not include the time spent setting in the fridge. It can take a few hours to set firmly.
- This fudge keeps very well at room temp for up to a week or for two weeks in the fridge. It is also freezer friendly.
Serving: 1Square | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg