These shortbread cookies are buttery and melt-in-the-mouth delicious! They're also so easy with only four simple ingredients.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter Lightly Salted, Softened
Add the all purpose flour, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl and mix together.
Add in softened butter and use your hands to mix it into the dry ingredients until crumbly.
Gradually form into a ball of dough.
Transfer to a baking tray (spray with non-stick spray if it might stick) and use your hands to form the dough into a log shape.
Place into the fridge to chill and firm up for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Use a sharp knife to cut the log of cookie dough into around 16 cookies. Place them evenly on a parchment lined baking tray.
Bake for 16-18 minutes until very lightly browned on top.
- If you didn't remember to take out the butter in time for it to soften then you can still go ahead with these cookies. Just cut the butter into smaller pieces. It will just take a few minutes longer to get the butter properly mixed in with the flour and sugar.
- Keep an eye on these cookies as they bake as they can very quickly over-brown or burn. They need to be just very lightly browned on top and they're done.
- Prep time is for hands on time only and does not include time spent chilling in the fridge.
- The cookie dough can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days before baking.
- Keep cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature and they will stay good for up to a week. They are also freezer friendly.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg