This homemade tartar sauce is packed with flavor and so much tastier than anything you can buy off the shelf. It's ready in 5 minutes and divine as a dip!
Servings: 16 Tablespoons
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dill Pickle Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dried Dill
- 1 Tbsp Onion Finely Chopped*
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
Add the mayonnaise to a mixing bowl along with the finely chopped dill pickle, dried dill, finely chopped onion (or sub onion powder, see notes*), dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Mix together well.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to blend perfectly.
- We used finely chopped onion in this tartar sauce which provides flavor and texture, but you can substitute it for ½ teaspoon of onion powder.
- Make it Vegan: It's super easy to make this tartar sauce vegan, just use a vegan mayonnaise like Just Mayo.
- This is ideal to make ahead as it gets even tastier after a few hours chilling in the fridge. So you can make it a few hours before you need it or even the day before.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge and consume within a week.
Serving: 1Tablespoon | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 23IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg