Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
The most delicious chocolate peanut butter cookies ever! Soft and chewy with the perfect blend of flavors, and drizzled with melted peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup Butter Lightly Salted, Softened
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Smooth, Salted
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder Natural, Unsweetened
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
Add softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream them together until smooth.
Add egg, vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix in.
Now add the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir it in by hand (with a spoon, but just don't use your electric mixer for this part) into a thick cookie dough.
Break off pieces of the dough and roll into balls and place them evenly on your prepared baking tray. Aim for 20 cookies. The balls are quite large.
Flatten with a fork and then place into the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
Leave them to cool on the tray and when cool, melt the peanut butter in the microwave and then drizzle it over cooled cookies.
Let the cookies sit for around 10 minutes for the peanut butter to harden and then enjoy!
- We used a lightly salted butter, but unsalted butter will also work just fine. It's ideal if you let the butter soften a bit before using, but if you forget to soften it, then cut it into cubes and cream the butter alone for a couple of minutes to soften it before you add the sugar and cream them together.
- Commercial brands of smooth, salted peanut butter work great for these cookies. You can also use a natural style peanut butter, but just make sure that you have mixed it well (so there is no oil separation) before using it.
- The cocoa powder should be a natural unsweetened cocoa powder like Hersheys.
- It's important to flatten the cookies with a fork, because they tend to not spread that well otherwise. You don't have to flatten them too much, just slightly, and the oven will do the rest.
- The peanut butter drizzle is optional, but delicious. It accentuates the peanut butter flavor and looks really pretty.
- Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg