Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy and packed with peanut butter flavor. This will soon be your go-to peanut butter cookie recipe!
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter Lightly Salted, Softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Smooth, Salted
- 1 and 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Granulated White Sugar For Rolling
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
Add the brown and white sugar along with the softened butter to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream them together with the electric mixer.
Add in the egg, vanilla and peanut butter and mix them together with the electric mixer until smooth.
Add the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt and mix them in by hand (don't use the electric mixer for this part). You will have a thick cookie dough.
Roll the cookie dough into balls and then dip the balls in white sugar and place them onto the parchment lined baking tray. Aim for around 20 cookies. Use a fork to flatten the cookies.
Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the tops are lightly browned. They will still be very soft in the center. Let them cool directly on the baking tray. They will firm up as they cool.
- A mix of two sugars for these cookies keeps them soft and moist, without weighing them down. However, if you use all white sugar you can get a more crunchy cookie, and if you use all brown sugar you can get an even softer cookie. No matter how you do it though, they are all really delicious.
- You can also use unsalted butter for these cookies, but we used lightly salted.
- Creamy commercial brands of peanut butter tend to work slightly better for these cookies than natural style peanut butter (the type that tends to separate).
- Bake them for 10 minutes for a soft cookie and 12 minutes for a crunchier cookie. For an ultra crunchy cookie extend the baking time to 14-15 minutes, but keep a close eye on them in the last couple of minutes so they don't burn.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.68g | Protein: 4.62g | Fat: 11.47g | Saturated Fat: 4.37g | Cholesterol: 22.75mg | Sodium: 218.47mg | Potassium: 104.98mg | Fiber: 1.03g | Sugar: 14.13g | Vitamin A: 157.13IU | Calcium: 14.47mg | Iron: 0.76mg