This delicious red sangria is a classic. It goes down so easy you hardly know there's alcohol involved (but oh, there is!). Perfect for fun nights with friends.
- 1 Orange Sliced
- 1 Lemon Sliced
- 2 cups Chopped Fruit Strawberries, Pineapple, Nectarines*
- 1 Orange Juiced
- ½ cup Brandy
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Bottle Spanish Red Wine Garnacha*
- 3 cups Ginger Ale
Add sliced oranges to a jug. Then add the sliced lemon and chopped fruit.
Pour in the juice of one orange.
Pour in the brandy followed by the maple syrup.
Add the red wine and stir.
Place into the fridge for a few hours (ideally 4 hours or longer) for the flavors to blend.
Serve over ice in tall glasses and top up glasses with ginger ale or other soda.
- You can use any chopped fruit that is seasonal and fresh. Apples, peaches, pears all work great.
- Either use Spanish red wine or a Pinot Noir for the best tasting results in this sangria. Alternatively you can use any red wine, but the best tasting ones for sangria are Spanish red (Garnacha) or Pinot Noir due to the lower level of tannins in these wines.
- Ginger ale works well in sangria but so does Sprite or orange soda. It's great to just use it to top off your glasses to dilute the strength of the drink in a tasty way and add some sparkle to it too.
- Make Ahead: Sangria is ideal to make ahead as it really does great chilling in the fridge for at least a few hours or overnight. So if you need to make it the day before you can definitely do it. Then serve it over ice in tall glasses and top off the glasses with some ginger ale.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg