These pancakes are so light and fluffy and wonderfully easy to make. You will totally fall in love with them. The only pancake recipe you’ll ever need!
These pancakes are just perfect. They are super easy to make using simple ingredients and the result is the fluffiest most delicious pancakes.
They’re perfect for breakfast of course!
How To Make The Best Pancakes
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- This pancake recipe is SO easy!
- Sift some all purpose flour into a bowl and then add some sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add in milk, eggs and melted butter and mix into a batter. Use a hand whisk to whisk it briefly to remove any large lumps (tiny lumps are okay). Don’t overmix.
- Heat up a frying pan or griddle with a little oil or butter and when it’s hot, add in around a ¼ cup of pancake batter. When it looks dry on the sides and bubbles appear on the top then flip it. Cook until browned on both sides.
- Repeat until your batter is finished.
How To Know When To Flip Your Pancakes
When the edges of your pancake start looking dry and bubbles appear in the wet batter on top of the pancake (see the middle right photo in the collage above) then you’re ready to flip your pancake.
Can I Add Chocolate Chips?
You can definitely add in some chocolate chips to these pancakes if you want to. Just fold them into the batter right at the end and then cook your pancakes as normal.
Make Them Dairy-Free
You can switch the milk for a non-dairy milk such as soy milk or almond milk and you can replace the dairy butter with a vegan butter product like Earth Balance.
Make Them Gluten-Free
If you’d like these pancakes to be gluten-free then switch the all purpose flour for a gluten-free all purpose flour blend in the same quantity. We haven’t tested it for this recipe but that usually works great as a swap for regular flour.
Don’t try to replace the regular flour with a single type of flour like rice flour or coconut flour or almond flour, it has to be a gluten free all purpose blend.
How To Serve Your Pancakes
A pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup is a classic way to serve pancakes! They’re also delicious with fresh berries like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. Whipped cream is also a (delicious) option.
Storing and Freezing
Pancakes are best served hot and fresh! So leftovers are not all that ideal. This recipe makes 12-14 pancakes so if you have just one big dude in the house with a big appetite then they might just polish off the lot! But if you think it may be too much for your needs you can halve the recipe.
That being said, they are freezer friendly so if you want to freeze them you can do so. Let them cool completely before freezing and then reheat in your toaster.
More Delicious Breakfast/Desserts
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below.
- 1 and ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Butter Melted
- Oil or Butter For Frying
- Sift the all purpose flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add the milk, eggs and melted butter and whisk with a hand whisk briefly until combined and no large lumps remain. Don't overmix.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle with a little oil or butter to medium high heat and add around ¼ cup of pancake batter.
- When the edges of the pancake begin to look dry and bubbles start appearing on the top of the wet batter then flip the pancake. Cook until browned on each side.
- Serve with a pat of butter and maple syrup for drizzling.
- Make It Dairy Free: If you’d like to make these pancakes dairy free then use a non-dairy milk and a vegan brand of butter such as Earth Balance.
- Make It Gluten-Free: If you’d like to make them gluten-free then switch the all purpose flour for a gluten-free all purpose flour blend.
- Pancakes are best served hot and fresh, but if you have leftovers then they are freezer friendly. Let them cool completely and then freeze. Reheat in the toaster.