This delicious homemade Baileys Irish Cream recipe is so much fun to make and always a crowd pleaser!
This recipe is a copycat version of Baileys Irish Cream and it tastes really close to the original! It’s creamy and smooth and absolutely divine.
It’s also super simple and fun to throw together and is great for sharing with friends. It’s just 6 easy ingredients and it’s ready in 5 minutes.
And if you love making delicious boozy drinks then also check out our recipe for Red Sangria.
How To Make Irish Cream
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- This recipe is so easy you don’t even need a blender to make it.
- Just add sweetened condensed milk to a mixing bowl along with some heavy cream, Jameson Irish Whiskey, unsweetened cocoa powder, instant coffee and vanilla extract and use a hand whisk to whisk it together until perfectly mixed.
- Pour into a glass jug or bottle and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice (or just chilled) and enjoy!
Don’t blend it. I mentioned above that you don’t need a blender for this, but actually what I mean is that you don’t want to use a blender for this.
The first time I made this recipe, I did it in a blender and it worked fine, but when I made it the second time, my cream started to whip! So I had chunks of cream in the drink and it wasn’t a good look!
So the easiest/safest option is just to mix your ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk them with a hand whisk briefly to combine. There is actually no need for a blender since a quick mix/whisk with a hand whisk does the job perfectly well.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This adds sweetness and creaminess to this drink without watering it down. It must be sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk.
Cream: You can use any cream in this, like heavy cream or whipping cream or light cream or even half and half.
Jameson Irish Whiskey: We used Jameson Irish Whiskey which works wonderfully in this drink, however any Irish whiskey will work just fine too.
Storing and Freezing
It stores really well in the fridge for weeks with no change in taste/texture. Sometimes you might need to give it a bit of a stir or shake before pouring but it holds up really well in the fridge. The alcohol is a great preserver so it lasts really well.
It’s not ideal for freezing though as the ingredients may separate after thawing.
More Delicious Boozy Drinks!
Irish Cream Recipe
- Add the condensed milk to a mixing bowl followed by the heavy cream, Jameson Irish Whiskey, cocoa powder, instant coffee and vanilla extract.
- Use a hand whisk to whisk it briefly until mixed.
- Move to a glass jug or bottle for storing and place into the fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled over ice (or without ice) in glasses and enjoy.
- It must be sweetened condensed milk, don’t use something like evaporated milk as it won’t work well here at all.
- You can use heavy cream or whipping cream or even half and half.
- We used Jameson Irish Whiskey which worked great but any Irish whiskey will work.
- Keep leftovers stored in the fridge where they will stay good for weeks!