This white sangria recipe is a spin off of the classic red sangria and made with white wine, brandy and lots of delicious fruit. Simply irresistible!
Ever since we made our totally delicious red sangria I knew I had to make a white sangria too.
Because while red sangria is perfect for fun evenings, a white sangria is perfectly suited to afternoons at the pool. It’s light and refreshing and so colorful.
And if you love cocktails, check out our totally delicious Moscow Mule recipe too.
How To Make White Sangria
- Add some orange slices, lemon slices and lime slices to a jug. Then add fresh raspberries and chopped peaches.
- Pour in some brandy and then add in some white sugar.
- Pour in the white wine. Give it a stir, gently so you don’t break up the fruit, but stir it well so that the sugar is properly dissolved.
- Then place it into the fridge for 2-4 hours (the longer the better so it can even be longer than this).
- Pour into glasses over ice and then top up the glasses with soda water for some bubbles.
Fresh Fruit: The staple fruits would be the sliced orange, lemon and lime but beyond that, you can use whatever is fresh and in season like strawberries, pears, apples, nectarines, plums, mango or pineapple. We added raspberries and chopped peaches to the citrus (orange, lemon and lime) and it was totally delicious.
Brandy: You can use any kind of brandy that you like in this sangria.
White Sugar: This sweetens the sangria just enough but doesn’t make it too sweet, it’s just perfect.
White Wine: We used a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc which worked great for this recipe. A crisp dry white wine is best but you can really use any white wine that you have on hand.
Soda Water: This is just to top up the glasses and add a little sparkle to your drink. It also dilutes it a little so that it’s not quite as potent. Ginger ale is also an option here, but we found the soda water to work best in this recipe.
Can White Sangria Be Made Ahead of Time?
This is a great drink to make ahead of time because you can refrigerate it for a few hours before you serve it. And if you need to leave it in the fridge overnight to serve the next day, that’s totally fine too, in fact it will only blend the flavors more and make it even more tasty.
- 1 Orange Sliced
- 1 Lemon Sliced
- 1 Lime Sliced
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 cup Peaches Chopped
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 2/3 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Bottle Sauvignon Blanc 750ml
- 3 cups Soda Water
- Add orange slices to a jug followed by lemon slices and lime slices. Add the raspberries and chopped peaches.
- Pour in the brandy and then add the sugar.
- Pour in the wine and then stir gently until the sugar is dissolved and it is well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and preferably 4 hours or longer.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses and top off the glasses with soda water.
- You can use other fruits that are fresh and ripe and in season. Strawberries, nectarines, pears, pineapple, mango, apple are all great to use.
- Sauvignon Blanc works great for this, but so will any crisp dry white wine.
- Soda water is great for topping off the glasses and adding some sparkle, ginger ale is also an option.
- Make Ahead: This is a great drink to make ahead as the flavors blend together well in the fridge, so if you need to make it the night before and refrigerate overnight that works just great.