Simply delicious Greek salad with loads of crunchy veggies, olives and of course, feta cheese. It’s also topped with a fabulous flavor packed vinaigrette.
This salad is bursting with flavor. And it’s so simple to make you’ll soon be making this a LOT.
It makes a fantastic side to any meal but it can also be the main event! Serve it with some crusty bread and it’s very filling and satisfying.
How To Make Greek Salad
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- It’s seriously simple to make this salad.
- Add chopped romaine lettuce to a salad bowl. I love using romaine lettuce as it’s really nutritious but you can definitely use different kinds of lettuce if you like.
- Then comes chopped red bell pepper followed by sliced red onion.
- Then we have sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and kalamata olives. You can use black olives if you prefer them or even green olives!
- Top that with some feta cheese and toss it all together.
The Greek Salad Dressing
For the dressing we made a delicious vinaigrette with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, crushed garlic, dried oregano and salt and pepper.
Pour that over the top of your salad and you have a gourmet meal.
How To Serve Greek Salad
Serve it alongside a delicious tomato basil soup. Or with some crispy bread on the side.
How Long Does this Salad Last
If you hold off on adding the dressing and store the salad and dressing separately then this will last a few days in the fridge.
So you can definitely make this greek salad ahead and store it in the fridge until you need it. Once you add dressing then it’s best to eat it within a few hours.
Make it Dairy-Free
You can make this salad dairy-free by either omitting the feta or using a vegan feta cheese. There are lots more options these days for dairy-free cheeses. The brand ‘Violife’ have a dairy-free feta cheese that is really good.
Alternatively you can replace the saltiness of the feta cheese with some extra olives and then just leave off the feta. This will still be entirely delicious.
More Salads and Sides
- Macaroni Salad
- Roasted Pumpkin Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- The Best Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush
- The Easiest Homemade Bread
- 6 cups Romaine Lettuce Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- ½ Small Red Onion Sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- 2 cups Cucumber Sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives Pitted
- 1 cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 1 Recipe Vinaigrette Dressing
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a salad bowl followed by chopped red bell pepper, sliced red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and pitted kalamata olives.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese on top and then toss together.
- Mix up the dressing and pour over the top and serve right away.
- If you want to keep this salad for a few days in the fridge then don’t add dressing. Only add dressing to the amount that you’re going to serve right away. If the dressing and the salad are stored separately then this salad can last a few days in the fridge.
- Nutritional information is for salad only and does not include the Vinaigrette dressing. Nutritional information for the Vinaigrette can be found on that separate recipe page.