This simple vinaigrette recipe is divine on any salad! It’s also really easy to make up a batch from scratch and it tastes amazing.
A simple homemade vinaigrette recipe is a staple in every kitchen. It’s so easy to throw together and goes wonderfully well with any salad.
Even if you’re not a huge salad fan, once you pour some of this over the top of your salad you’ll suddenly have a change of heart and start eating salads all the time!
How To Make Vinaigrette
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- It’s so easy to make this homemade vinaigrette.
- Simply add extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar (can be switched for a different vinegar), lemon juice, crushed garlic, dried oregano, salt and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper to a bowl or measuring jug and whisk together.
- Transfer to a glass serving container and it’s ready to serve!
You can use different vinegars in this dressing and get slightly different flavor results. For example if you use balsamic vinegar then you get a balsamic vinaigrette.
You can also use white distilled vinegar or white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar. You can pretty much switch out the vinegar for any variety of vinegar and get a slightly different tasting result. So this recipe is extremely versatile.
How Long Can Vinaigrette Be Stored
Store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. It’s best to give it a good shake before serving.
If it thickens up in the fridge (and this is normal) then let it come to room temperature before shaking up and serving.
You can also store it at room temperature but then it will only keep for 2-3 days. Shake it up before serving.
It’s so easy to make up a batch of this that you can also just make up as much as you need, when you need it. The amount of dressing in this recipe will serve 4 people if each person has two tablespoons of dressing on their salad.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, crushed garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to a bowl or measuring jug and whisk together until well mixed.
- Store in a sealed glass container and shake up before use.
- You can use different kinds of vinegar for different flavor results in this recipe.
- Leftovers will keep in a sealed glass container in the fridge for up to a week. Shake up before use. If they solidify slightly (this is normal) then let it sit on the counter until it reaches room temperature and then shake up and use as normal. Leftovers can also be stored at room temperature but then it will only last for 2-3 days. Shake up before use.