This delicious spinach artichoke dip is creamy and cheesy and baked to golden brown perfection. Prepare to fall in love with this dip!
Spinach artichoke dip is always popular and for good reason! It’s cheesy and creamy and so divine served warm from the oven.
Marinated artichokes add heaps of delicious flavor to this dip!
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Add cream cheese and mayonnaise to a mixing bowl and mix them together with a hand whisk or an electric whisk. It doesn’t have to be smooth, just mixed.
- Add olive oil to a pan along with chopped onions, crushed garlic, dried rosemary and oregano and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in chopped marinated artichokes and sauté with the onions until they are slightly softened.
- Add in some chopped baby spinach and stir in until it has just wilted.
- Now add in your cream cheese and mayonnaise mix and fold in.
- Transfer to a 9-inch round oven safe dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Chopped Baby Spinach: It’s ideal to finely chop up the baby spinach so that you don’t have big chunks of spinach in your dip and it mixes in well with each bite.
Marinated Artichokes: Marinated artichokes are the way forward in this recipe! They’re so delicious and flavorful.
Cream Cheese: You can use any plain cream cheese in this recipe. We mixed it up by hand with the mayonnaise which does take a bit of arm power. If your cream cheese is very firm, you can use an electric mixer to make it easier.
Baking: If you have a skillet that is oven-safe then you can cook and bake your dip directly in the skillet and use less dishes. Otherwise you can transfer your dip to an oven-safe 9-inch round dish for baking.
How To Serve Spinach Artichoke Dip
Serve it with chips or crackers or crusty bread or baguette slices for dipping.
It’s wonderful served warm from the oven, but it’s also totally divine served cold.
Make It Dairy-Free or Vegan
If you’d like to make this dip dairy-free then simply use a dairy-free cream cheese such as Tofutti. If you’d like it to be vegan then also use a vegan mayonnaise. Vegan mayonnaise is easy to find these days with lots of great brands available.
If you need to make this dip ahead of time then make it up to the point that it would usually go into the oven, then instead of baking it, cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours and then bake and serve as usual.
Storing and Freezing
Keep leftover dip stored in the fridge where it will stay good for up to 5 days.
It’s not totally ideal for freezing as the spinach can become watery once it’s thawed, but if you’re okay with that, then you can go ahead and freeze it.
More Dressings and Dips
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add cream cheese and mayonnaise to a mixing bowl and mix them together. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pan along with chopped onions, crushed garlic, dried rosemary and oregano and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the chopped marinated artichokes and sauté with the onions until they are slightly softened.
- Add the chopped baby spinach and stir in until it has just wilted.
- Add the cream cheese and mayonnaise mix and fold it in.
- Transfer to a 9-inch round oven-safe dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until it's lightly browned on top.
- Serve with chips or crackers or breads for dipping.
- If your cream cheese is very firm, you can use an electric whisk to mix your cream cheese and mayonnaise together. We used a hand whisk and it was fine, but an electric whisk is also fine to use. It doesn’t have to be smooth, just mixed together.
- If your skillet is oven-safe then you can bake it directly in your skillet and there is no need to transfer it to a separate dish before baking.
- Make It Dairy-Free/Vegan: If you’d like to make this dairy-free then use a dairy-free cream cheese such as Tofutti. If you’d like it to also be vegan then use a vegan mayonnaise as well.
- This dip is delicious served warm from the oven but it’s also divine when cold.
- Leftovers keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.