This white hot chocolate is creamy, sweet and the perfect comforting drink. It’s also so easy and quick to make with four simple ingredients.
If you love white chocolate then you will love this drink. It’s so creamy and smooth and divine. It’s just like drinking pure white chocolate.
White chocolate is sweeter than dark chocolate so this is a sweet drink, but in the best way.
This recipe is based on our classic hot chocolate recipe, which is also a winner so check that one out too. And if you love all things white chocolate then also check out our white chocolate chip cookies and our blondies recipe.
How To Make White Hot Chocolate
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- It’s so easy to make. Just add milk to a saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and then whisk in some sugar and vanilla.
- Add in some chopped white chocolate and whisk in until melted.
- Pour out into glasses and top with some whipped cream and sprinkles.
Milk: You can actually use any kind of milk for this white hot chocolate. Regular whole milk works great but you can also use non-dairy options like soy milk or almond milk.
Chopped White chocolate or White Chocolate Chips: You can use either chopped up white chocolate or white chocolate chips, but I prefer using a really good tasting white chocolate rather than white chocolate chips as it tends to create a smoother, creamier texture.
Sugar to taste: This recipe is quite sweet from the white chocolate. We added in two tablespoons of white sugar as well, so it’s a sweet drink. If you prefer it a little less sweet then you can dial back the sugar or even leave it out altogether.
Don’t let the milk boil: The milk should just come to a simmer and should not boil. As soon as it reaches a simmer, you can switch off the heat and then add the other ingredients.
How To Serve White Hot Chocolate
This is divine topped with some whipped cream and sprinkles. It’s also perfect to serve as is, without any topping, but if you want a topping then whipped cream is it! Of course you could add some mini marshmallows too.
Make It Dairy Free
You can make this white hot chocolate dairy free by making it with soy milk or almond milk or any non-dairy milk of your choice. You would need to use dairy free white chocolate as well (can be harder to find, though if you’re in Australia or Europe look for a brand called Sweet William, it’s amazing!) and you could top it with whipped coconut cream or another dairy free whipped cream option.
More Chocolate Recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- The Most Divine Chocolate Cake
- Best Ever Fudgy Brownies
- The Best Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Pudding
White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Whole Milk *
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar *
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chopped White Chocolate or White Chocolate Chips *
For Topping (Optional):
- Whipped Cream
- Add the milk to a saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat and add the sugar and vanilla and whisk in.
- Add the chopped white chocolate or chocolate chips and whisk in until melted.
- Pour out into two glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles (optional).
- You can use any milk of your choice.
- If you prefer your drinks less sweet you can use less sugar or omit it entirely.
- You can use either a good tasting white chocolate chopped up, or white chocolate chips. I slightly prefer using a high quality chopped up white chocolate as it tends to create a smoother, creamier result than white chocolate chips but either/or will do fine.
- Make it Dairy-Free: If you want to make this non-dairy then a dairy free milk like soy milk or almond milk also works great. You would need to use a dairy free white chocolate as well which can be a little harder to find but not impossible. Sweet William is a great brand available in Australia and Europe.
- Nutrition information is for the white hot chocolate only and does not include any toppings like whipped cream or sprinkles.